Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Friday Work Session

On Friday I worked on my Guass Rifle model so that i could calibrate Midas and print it. I spent about 2 hours just trying to figure out how to get replicator G to work, which the problem was a python problem, and was one of those problems that makes you bang your head against the wall. It turns out that you cannot move where Python is installed otherwise replicator G cannot find the Python executable file. I had also just spent about an hour finishing my model, so after a good amount of time I was able to export an .stl file, put it into Replicator G, and was able to print! The relief! The print went well, no real problems other than that it seemed to being pushing the plastic around on one layer and the top layer was not as smooth as i would have wanted but for a first print it was pretty good. I am going to fiddle with the model and then try to print it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment